Imagine having the power to breathe in and create happiness oxygen. How would that change your life? Happiness 2.02 is a mental-health show for anyone who wants to access their full human cognition, increase energy, and develop high-performance tools they need to tap into their happiness oxygen and reach their next level. Hosted by John Tukums, a TEDx speaker, entrepreneur, author, and inquisitive human being who loves understanding root knowledge and adding value at each and every touchpoint. Get your weekly dose of happiness oxygen every Monday from game-changers—like Former CEO of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Dr. Sue Desmond-Hellmann; Nobel Prize Winner Dr. Lou Ignarro; NY Times Best-Selling Author of ‘Breath’, James Nestor; CEO and Chair, Global Wellness Summit, Susie Ellis. Hear from the people who are reshaping our world and providing hope based on what's possible through their breakthroughs in mindset, biology, and health.
Monday Mar 07, 2022
Monday Mar 07, 2022
“It is impossible to change personal or collective behavior without sustainability practices.” – Dr. Isaac Prilleltensky, Vice Provost for Institutional Culture and Professor at the University of Miami, who has contributed to bringing the University to be the number one employer in the country's education sector as ranked by Forbes.
After losing his parents in a car accident at age eight in Argentina, and being adopted by an aunt along with two other siblings, Dr. Isaac Prilleltensky, through his personal hurt and pain went on to pursue helping other people who are going through difficult situations. As well, he has brought his learnings and teachings to creating well-being and productivity for organizations and their employees.
Today’s conversation highlights:
- The three core values of wellness, fairness and mattering
- How well-being increases when you feel like you matter
- The impact of losing his parents at an early age in a car accident
- How growing up in oppression in Argentina led to becoming a young leader in a youth movement
- How reading and studying about great thinkers grew inspiration and a sense of awe
- The concept of ‘Intellection’ and enjoying the world of ideas
- How writing about humor and nonfiction gets him into a state of flow
- The incubation, conceptualization and execution of writing
- Breaking down the I COPPE domains of well-being
- Diversification of well-being routines and habits
- The How People Matter book
- The importance of skill development and action
- The importance of having structure in place and involving your colleagues and employees to become a happier, healthier, and more productive organization
Be sure to follow Dr. Prilleltensky on Facebook, and Twitter and connect with him on LinkedIn. Learn more about his findings, research and great resources on Fun for Wellness, The Laughing Guide and his website Professor Isaac and contact Dr. Prilleltensky directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with John on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. To delve more into breath and high performance, check out johntukums.com; or better yet, sign up for the newsletter so the best content related to breath and high performance comes straight to you.
If this podcast brings you happiness, we’d be so grateful if you shared that with others. We appreciate everyone who takes 60 seconds to leave an honest rating & review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes or wherever you listen.
Until the next episode; take a deep breath and breathe in your Happiness Oxygen.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.