“I think that attention is our most valuable resource. I think that where we put our attention becomes our life. As a scientist, I've seen how these practices can literally re-architect our brain for greater clarity, greater peace, greater innovation, and greater compassion.” — Dr. Shauna Shapiro, Ph.D. is a best-selling author, clinical psychologist and internationally recognized expert in mindfulness and self-compassion.
17-year old Shauna experienced a spinal fusion surgery that changed her way of living and led her to find mindfulness — through a gift from her dad. In today’s conversation, she speaks to us about:
- Why attention is our most valuable resource
- How having a spinal fusion surgery le her to find mindfulness
- Mindfulness as a way of living
- The 3 key elements to integrate mindfulness into your life
- How we can train to be happy
- Her new book: Good Morning, I Love You
- The misconceptions of meditation and mindfulness!
Connect with John on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. To delve more into breath and high performance, check out johntukums.com; or better yet, sign up for the newsletter so the best content related to breath and high performance comes straight to you.
If this podcast brings you happiness, we’d be so grateful if you shared that with others. We appreciate everyone who takes 60 seconds to leave an honest rating & review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes or wherever you listen.
Until next week; keep breathing in your Happiness Oxygen.